Data Engineer - London
£55,000 - £75,000 per year
Early April start
Data Engineer - The Company
Our client is a geopolitical communications consultancy focusing on political, social and developmental campaigns. They blend acute strategic insight and in-depth understanding of political campaigning with cutting-edge data analytics and behavioural science methods, to help governments, political parties and NGOs to design and deliver more effective communications - from democratic elections to grassroots humanitarian campaigns.
Data Engineer - Key Skills
* 2+ years of experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
* 2+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
* 2+ years experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system
* 3+ years experience querying large datasets using SQL
* Experience with Angular, React, Vue or similar
* Experience in building RESTful APIs, and Node.js apps
* Experience with containerization software and technologies including but not limited to Docker or Kubernetes (ideally both)
* Have demonstrable, strong SQL programming ability and ideally experience using a scripting language such as Python
* Experience with various databases - including but not limited to PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL etc.
* Experience with data warehouse problems and solutions
* Experience with CI/CD
* Comfortable using agile concepts, and in building an agile and iterative development culture within an engineering team
* Hands-on and deep experience with schema design and dimensional data modelling
Data Engineer - The Role
As a Data Engineer, you will be working alongside data scientists, research teams and some of the world's most exciting clients to answer some fascinating questions using unique data sources, and then building products and scalable deployment architecture around the resultant models. Would suit a seasoned engineer with strong technical skill set combining Data Engineering, Cloud Technologies & containerization concepts, and Node.JS Dev experience.
Some of the technologies and concepts you will work with and in no particular order: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Big Query, Athena, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Docker, DCM, GCS, S3, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Adobe AAM, DMP, Python, R.
* Building and running of cloud database structures using multiple technologies to support scalable data analysis and analytics. Help clients design, plan and manage their data pipelines across some of the latest in big data technology
* Design and develop node.js base apps for scalable execution of analytics functions
* Scale and containerise models and tools
* Be involved in requirements gathering and configuration of our software installed in our client's big data environments (cloud based)
* Support existing processes running in production
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "CRISTINA PRODAN". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Cristina Prodan| DD: 020 78 45 72 02 - email@example.com Please notes all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly.
Contact: Cristina Prodan