Content Strategist - National Publication - London
National Publication - Content Strategist
This is an opportunity to join a National Publication as a Content Strategist. The role will involve driving social media presence. The role will involve helping plan and create brand led content. Supported by a team of managers and designers, some of whom will report into you, you will lead on the creative approach for exciting content franchises and one off posts for all social channels. Within this role you will also have two social media designers reporting into you, so some previous management experience would be required.
Responsibilities - Content Strategist
- Leading the creative approach and development of brand social content to effectively communicate concepts and brand identity.
- Experimenting with new approaches including imagery, typography, gifs, video and animation across our various content social franchises and platforms.
- Leading and developing our per-platform creative strategy
- Developing creative brand guidelines based on channel best-practice
- Managing and coaching social media designers, overseeing all design and creative output in the team.
- Working closely with the Social media managers to interpret and respond to creative briefs from concept to execution that are social first.
- Monitoring and adapting creative approach and is actively aware of all areas of social media.
- Working with the social managers on social reporting and analytics, enabling this data to be fed into future channel and creative strategies.
- Developing creative solutions that will make our audience stop and engage, compared to our competitors.
- Offering support across all brand communication on our channels where needed.
- Ensuring all projects are executed within timelines and schedules
- Self-shooting content where necessary in order to maintain the smooth running of the team
- Planning content for both organic, boosted and paid formats
Requirements - Content Strategist
- 4+ years of experience strategizing and creating brilliant social media content
- An excellent understanding of planning & creating content for social media with the option of various formats.
- Good knowledge of social design trends and approaches across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, YT, TikTok and IGTV.
- Creative thinker with ability to push ideas.
- The ability to lead and oversee a project from concept of design to artworking and completion.
- Proactive and highly motivated.
- Ability to work under pressure and be reactive.
- Ability to work across multiple projects.
- Good communication skills with the ability to sell creative ideas to wider teams or collaborators.
- Strong understanding of campaign development and executions.
- Confident to explore new ways of working.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Simon Spencer-Rouen | DD: + 44| 207 845 7218 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly!
(For further assurance, please check my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; search for "Simon Spencer-Rouen")
Contact: Simon Spencer-Rouen
Major Players are the UK's leading digital, marketing, creative and tech talent agency. We offer equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Major Players, we are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion within the industries we service, creating impactful and meaningful change to our partners, candidates and employees. For further information visit: www.majorplayers.co.uk/diversity-equity-inclusion/.