CREATIVE DIRECTOR - FMCG PACKAGING
£60 - £76k
Major Players are working with a creative agency specialising solely in consumer goods brands, founded by seasoned brand professionals. They specialise in brand design, strategy and innovation with their mission being to help brands win their fight for relevance; and they are looking for a Creative Director to lead the way! You will have a portfolio of big brand packaging design and execution.
The Role / Company
This specialist agency is looking for an experienced Creative Director to inspire and nurture their creative team to collaboratively produce the best-in-class design. Their aim is to strengthen distinctive brand assets, helping them to stay relevant without losing their soul; and they need a natural creative leader to lead the process.
You will have proven experience of working with multi-national FMGC brand businesses, building close relationships, and influencing decision makers at C Level. You will present with ease to inspire client confidence through world-class design knowledge and expertise.
You will be passionate about delivering big ideas beyond packaging, taking brand identity and bringing it to life across all campaign comms with packaging being a core initial output. You'll be a down-to-earth, ego-free Creative Director with bags of confidence to lead your creative team to produce the best-in-class design. Naturally you will inspire and mentor each member of the team, coaching them by evaluating their creative work and ensuring exceptional craft, care and attention to detail.
You'll have a natural hunger and entrepreneurial spirit to continuously raise the bar and push the business forward, with enthusiasm for every creative opportunity. You're a strategic thinker and a proactive problem solver that can think on your feet to respond effectively to creative curve balls and remain calm under pressure.
Based within South Manchester's green suburbs; this role can be taken on remotely with 3 to 4 days a month in the studio as well as additional presence required at client meetings and presentations.
* Delivery of ideas across brand campaigns, digital and FMCG/CPG packaging projects for global clients
* Lead, inspire and mentor the design team
* Design focused with art direction experience
* Inspiring confidence through design knowledge and expertise
* Building trusting client relationships and long-term partnerships
Skills & Experience
* Qualifications in graphic design to degree level
* At least 10+ years' experience in a similar role
* A proven track record of building a strong creative team that delivers commercial results with impact for both clients and the internal business alike
* A portfolio that demonstrates exceptional big ideas across FMCG brand, packaging and corporate communications
* Solid communication skills to deliver constructive feedback, mentoring your team of creatives to drive best in class design
Salary & Perks
Competitive salary based on experience plus benefits
Personal and professional development investment eg. Mentoring, industry training courses, conferences and events
Flexible working policy - 3-4 days per month in studio
Contact: Clare Murphy