Business Director - Olympics
August / September 2019 start
Permanent role, London
What's the Role
My client who is a multi-national agency are looking for a bold integrated Marketer with proven international multi-channel and project management skills to lead an exciting TOP Olympic partner client and steer the existing campaign to a dynamic new level.
This is a multi-market role based in London with responsibilities overseeing an award-winning campaign live in 6 European markets with 2 more soon to join the family. You will lead my clients large team of multi-disciplinary experts in London, Milan and Madrid and work extremely closely with partner agency colleagues in Advertising, Media and Activation to execute the next evolution of the campaign covering the Tokyo2020 Olympic Games and then onto Paris2024.
What we're all about
My client is a bold integrated creative agency solving problems differently through sport, music and entertainment. We challenge convention to find opportunity and growth, driven by our positioning - Boldness with Backup.
Consumer neuroscience and psychology are at the heart of what we do, and this measurable human-centric approach allows us to make braver choices that lead to more commercially creative work. Diversity is in our DNA, with over 16 nationalities and 18 languages which helps drive disruption and an open-minded culture of alternative opinions.
What skills and experience we're looking for
* Proven track record developing and steering international campaigns with a consistent focus on the brand's purpose, vision and strategic direction. We want you to act as campaign guardian and conductor connecting the dots, ensuring it stays on strategic track and all those accountable understand how their piece of the puzzle fits in with your master plan.
* Comfortable writing and presenting strategically led communication proposals which align with the agreed direction. Assertive enough to re direct client, agencies and our team and processes to ensure better alignment.
* Proven track record putting in place macro and micro project plans, processes, roles and responsibilities to keep complex projects on track.
* Significant experience building project SOW's, budgets and managing tight cost control
* Evidence of organising and leading large client teams using best practise models, project management techniques, KPI's and different reporting tools
* Help develop and deliver world class activation plans
* Confident in reporting on and measuring success against KPI's and other metrics
Who we're looking for
* This is a full-time role where you must be eligible to work in the UK and willing to travel across Europe to meet with clients and agency stakeholders as required.
* Proven experience as an experienced GAD or Business Director in a Creative, Sponsorship or Sports Marketing agency role
* Highly organised, resilient, process driven and strategically led individual.
* An integrated marketing maestro with an ability to see across the big picture whilst retaining control of all individual moving parts.
* Excellent communication, verbal and written (including strong presentation writer)
* Collaborative team player with an ability to develop relationships at all levels
* Energetic for success and to drive things forward everyday, despite the inevitable challenges
* Trustworthy, reliable, confident and mature in dealings with clients, people and issues
* Keen interest and knowledge of sports, the Olympics and entertainment
* Fluency in French would be ideal but not essential
The benefits we're offering
* My client is an equal opportunities employer
* We offer a competitive salary and variety of innovative benefits based on experience plus discretionary bonus tied to business results
* We offer a stimulating and progressive career with a commitment to train and develop each team member so they remain constantly challenged and inspired to be as fearless as they can be.
* Holiday Entitlement:
- 22 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays plus 3 extra days off between the Christmas period (27th December - 2nd January).
- Each year accrues one extra day's holiday up to a maximum of 30 days (inclusive of the Christmas period).
* Other benefits:
- Birthday day off.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Auto-Enrolment pension scheme 3% of salary 2019.
* Other benefits activated after successful probationary period:
- PerkBox membership.
- £250 Fearless Fund to pay for you to do something or learn a new skill that pushes. you out of your comfort zone.
- £500 personal training budget (plus £500 for group training).
- Personal Development Plan.
- Discounted gym subscription after probation period and £360 towards your annual membership (£30 per month).
* Additional entitlements:
- Flexible working policies including 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. core hours with 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. flexi-time, lieu days and some working from home.
- Minimum 1-2 agency conferences / trips away (UK and/or international) to build a genuine sense of fearless culture and team bonding
- 3-month unpaid sabbatical after 5 years continuous service with guaranteed job at the end.
- Friday bar
- Early Summer Fridays (21st June - 31st August)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Emma Kear at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Emma Kear