UI, UX & Front-End
£ 45,000 per year, flexible working
Major Players are working with a global integrated agency that has an excellent reputation for delivery creativity and outstanding service to its clients. The agency work with some of the biggest and best brands out there and are now looking to add a talented Back-End Developer to its team in Leeds.
Contact: Joe Faulkner
Reporting into the Digital Director, you will be a senior member of the back-end production development team ensuring delivery of high quality products on time and on budget. You will be motivated and skilled to develop websites and applications in semantic and accessible coding standards.
* Possess a clear and rounded understanding of primary back-end technologies, particularly PHP and MySQL.
* Define and refine the coding standards to be followed by the team.
* Support and mentor junior and mid-level back-end developers.
* Assist with the costing of digital work in terms of back-end budgets.
* Support front-end developers in use of back-end technologies where appropriate.
* Help identify beneficial emerging technologies in back-end development.
* "Add value" to design and functionality where possible.
* Have an understanding of digital strategy and how it informs back-end web development.
* Be aware of the latest standard in accessible web development.
* Be aware of good UX and ensure high standards are maintained throughout the agency
Required skills and experience
* Senior-level proficiency in web languages. Particularly PHP
* Can analyse a technical problem and propose a solution.
* Experience of PHP MVC frameworks.
* Accurate time estimation.
* Excellent development methodology
* Experience of using Git for version control.
* Experience with WordPress.
* Experience with Magento.
* Experience with Shopify applications