W Communications is a multi-award-winning PR agency that cares as much about driving commerce as it does creating memorable campaigns across the world. Established in 2009, we have become a leading creatives agencies with offices in London, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Amsterdam, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and New York. Our consumer, corporate, social and influencer specialisms deliver business changing results for our clients; blue-chips, household brand names and ambitious, disruptive start-ups.
We are looking for a dynamic and enterprising Associate Director for Head of Social who can help us grow and evolve our fast-growing digital and social team. They will be a proven business manager, able to juggle growing and successfully managing a team, on the back of an exciting and prestigious existing client base with the delivery of best in class social strategies, content and campaigns.
Associate Directors are responsible and fully accountable for the profitability success and growth of their clients. They are passionate about communications and bringing clients closer to their audience by leading on the delivery of profitable creative digital-centric client programmes and campaigns and exceeding all expectations. Associate Directors are engaging and aim to expand and deepen client relationships, seeking opportunities to organically grow and develop business. As senior team members they are responsible for providing guidance and leadership to the division and are able to spot issues within the team and help to resolve them before they impact client business.
The successful candidate will have:
* A good grasp of digital strategy and a proven ability to develop social media, channel & content strategies for high-profile consumer brands
* A strong background in influencer-centric campaigns- ability to give strategic direction on influencer creative and narratives, alongside content recommendations and ways to maximise channel engagement and brand ROI.
* A good understanding of SEO and the development of PR & communications campaigns that deliver against search objectives
* Deep working knowledge of running earned and paid brand campaigns for social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, etc)
* Good knowledge of data & analytics and using them to unearth insights, plan campaigns and monitor & measure success
* Experience of translating brand platforms into content programs based on audience insight and research
* A good understanding of the world of content and the many different shapes it takes (video, longform copy, gifs, boomerangs, etc) alongside platform relevancy.
* An ability to guide content creation (owned / co-created / influencer / native) and knowledge of both paid & earned media strategy & implementation
In addition, you will be well-versed in:
* Campaign development - ability to develop digital strategies and creative campaigns for high-profile clients of all sizes (portfolio to start-ups), including channel/creative strategy, playbook development, activation, toolkits, content creation, campaign planning and measurement/optimisation.
* Account management - experience of managing a variety of concurrent local digital/social media clients, supporting them with content production, community management, social media strategy and planning, playbook production and influencer engagement.
* Presentation / process - an ability to showcase channel and content strategies in a compelling manner for pitches, client presentations and in client workshops and an ability to communicate complex or digital/social concepts to a non-technical audience.
* New business- a history of working on agency new business pitches, participating in the proactive outreach to new brands, strategic direction for the division's approach to new clients, and the delivery and sell of new business proposals to bring leads over the line.
This is an important hire for W Communications as we look to grow and evolve our Social offering. Further to the above, the successful candidate will be able to work creatively and analytically whilst being confident to voice an opinion and remain cool under pressure. They will be able to work with the team at W holistically and create links between the social team and the rest of the business to scout opportunities. We are looking for someone who is passionate and knowledgeable in the field, entrepreneurial and a good people person.
Contact: Luke Russo