Assistant PR Manager
Contact: Ryan Farrell
This brand defines innovation in the retail space, consistently pushing boundaries both from a consumer and a brand perspective. One of the leaders in the FMCG, retail and shopping space both from a store and ecommerce perspective.
A FTSE 100 company, this business has had a lot of changes from a business, acquisition, technology development piece and needs strong senior communications professionals who are adapt at dealing with a fast paced ever changing environment.
You'll be supporting a broad range of products and initiatives across fresh, packaged and non food grocery so this role is ideally suited to someone with strong food and consumer PR experience and a keen interest in the media landscape.
Among many exciting tasks, you'll be responsible for maintaining the Food PR calendar to maximise opportunities across both long and short-lead media. You'll be engaging with the marketing teams, from digital through to customer insights, to draw insights and share information and visual assets and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
* Work closely with buying and development teams, building strong relationships, to secure information and identify day-to-day PR opportunities
* Owns the food PR calendar, proactively managing, and sharing it with marketing and product teams
* Support sample coordination for seasonal look books and press shows
* Focus PR output according to product strategy and hero products
* Coordinate PR activities with marketing and in-store activity where appropriate
* Be a brand guardian - ensuring relevant handwriting across all PR assets
* Help to manage 3rd party suppliers and PR timelines - agencies and production and drive timings
* Help monitor the press for creative and industry insights
* Further develop efficiencies in ways of working within in the team and across Holborn
* Support increase in opportunistic and productive PR coverage
* Mentor and manage the placement student or C2, helping them to prioritise their responsibilities
* Occasional drafting of media alerts and press releases
* Good project manager - highly organised, manages well upwards and downwards
* Attention to detail
* Strong experience of retail and Food product categories
* Ideal experience: working across food & drink brands
* Good people person - proactively builds and nurtures relationships, natural networker
* Strong persuasion and influencing skills
* Solution seeker and self-starter - overcomes obstacles to secure what is needed
* Positive and results-focused
* Good knowledge of asset management
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Keen interest in lifestyle trends and competitor marketplace
* Drive deadlines - authority