£35K - £45K
Major Players are working with a strategic sport & esports creative agency that work with ambitious brands and right holders such as PlayStation, Stat Sports, New Balance, FIFA, Beats by Dre and UEFA. This agency are embarking on an exciting period of growth and now wish to hire an Art Director to help manage the delivery of its campaigns from concept to completion.
You will have a keen eye for design excellence and ability to thrive in a busy, fast-paced team; working from the Manchester office once a week and a work from anywhere policy for the rest of the week.
The Role / Company
Joining the agency as Art Director you'll play a lead role in ensuring their campaigns visually connect, driving results for their clients and helping them win awards for their brilliant creative outputs. You'll be at the heart of the creative process, pitching visual concepts internally and to their clients. You'll be instrumental in ensuring the concept and your visual strategy is implemented correctly throughout the campaign, directing design through to completion.
A key part of your role will be to inspire the agency's internal creative team with your knowledge of the wider creative landscape to help to generate innovative creative ideas across the business.
You'll be instrumental in helping to refine creative concepts and then guiding them throughout the production process to ensure that their vision is realised to its fullest potential. Success will be to consistently deliver campaigns that exceed the initial creative vision, with excellent attention to detail and a thorough consideration of the impact it will have on fans.
You will also be responsible for feeding the agency with creative production inspiration to inspire future award-winning work.
* Generate clear ideas and concepts to meet briefs from the Creative Strategy team
* Produce sketches, storyboards, roughs plans to visualise ideas
* Work closely with the copywriters to develop concepts
* Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
* Collaborate with the rest of the team to develop concepts across live, digital, social and print
* Take work from concept to final execution within given deadlines
* Present completed ideas to clients/team members
* Make relationships with suppliers and freelancers who can bolster creative capacity and output
* Stay on top of all trends to provide inspiration to the agency
* Maintain industry best practice processes across the design department
* Maintain and develop relationships with freelance designers, visualisers, art directors and other creative suppliers
Skills & Experience
* 5+ years as Art director within the marketing / advertising industry
* Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design tools
* Ability to scamp / communicate concepts clearly
* Demonstrable graphic design skills
* Ability to take/give direction well
* Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
* Relevant education or training
* Experience working on creative for the youth (15-25) market
* Passionate cultural awareness of sport, music and / or wider culture
* Keen eye for detail
* Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Inspirational knowledge of art /culture / design / photography
* Demonstrable management / leadership skills
* A keen interest in Sports / Gaming / Music
Salary & Perks
Location - Flexible with 1 day a week in the Manchester office
Salary - £35,000 - £45,000 Depending on Experience
Contact: Clare Murphy