£30 - £35K
Major Players are working with an amazing video production company specialising in social content, TV commercials and animation! They are looking for an Animator with solid motion graphic design skills, a clear understanding of the animation process and an insatiable interest in design for motion. This is a role where you can really get stuck into great projects!
The Role / Company
Being part of this agency is going to give you a chance to really be your creative best! As one of their animators; when given a brief by the Head of Production, you'll work alongside their in-house designer to develop concepts and approaches that stir up fanciful feelings and get clients excited about new ways of telling stories through visual wizardry!
Your knowledge of AE, Premiere Pro, Blender and Cinema4D give you access to a wide range of techniques to call upon and spice up an otherwise black and white brief. You'll also be working closely with the live-action team to integrate graphics with mixed-media productions, bringing in some interesting ideas to liven up an edit, and weighing in with creative solutions to client requests.
This role is based in Cardiff; and your presence will be required in the studio 2 times a week just to put your head together with the team and get creating amazing videos!
* Whether it's character design, typography or bringing mixed-media projects to life, you've got a veritable arsenal of skills at your disposal to make projects sing. You always find a solution to get a video out on time, regardless of the technique.
* You're able to pivot on a client request, fix stuff that breaks and you know what goes where in a production, generally speaking.
* You're self-aware enough to manage your own time and keep everyone in the loop with your project progress.
* You're a team member who can communicate well and play nice with others. Whilst getting stuck into animating is often a one-person show, the development and creative process is a collaborative affair at this agency, so you'd do well if you thrive in that teamwork-based environment.
* You like to tinker with ideas and play around with stuff until you've reached your zenith. You're not afraid to throw some out-there stuff into the mix, but you also know what's achievable in the time you've got to play with.
* You take a proactive approach to getting things done. When there's a lack of process you create it. When someone forgets to tell you something, you chase them until they do. When you're not sure about something, you raise it directly with the relevant person. You're straightforward and level-headed.
* You bring creative solutions to both team and client problems to both resolve situations and push a project's output. You solve with the client in mind, but with a resolute drive to deliver the best possible work every time.
* Working on layouts and pixel-perfect typography stirs up your loins and your attention to detail borders on obsessive. The idea of a project laden with linear, motion-blur-less animations turns your stomach and makes you twitch-you dive straight into the graph editor to perfect the easing because you're all about that satisfyingly smooth movement. You'll know when a situation calls for a coded expression, and you relish the opportunity.
Skills & Experience
* Proven ability to deliver motion graphics projects to fixed deadlines
* In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software (specifically After Effects, Premiere Pro and Illustrator)
* Experience with Adobe CC workflows (e.g. linked projects, media organisation)
* Working knowledge of 3D (Cinema4D, Blender etc) and its place within the modern motion graphics landscape
* An understanding of social media content formats and how to create animation content for socials
* Not awful at making a cup of tea-truly unforgivable
* Ability to design and storyboard as well as animate
* Experience working in a professional editing and post-production environment
* Experience with alternative animation software (e.g. Cavalry)
* Interest in real-time engines (e.g. Unreal Engine, Unity)
* Experience with project management platforms (e.g. Asana, Basecamp)
* Able to speak/read/write in the Welsh language
* A relevant degree would be a bonus
Salary & Perks
Competitive salary based on experience (£30-£35K)
Remote / Flexible working policy (in the studio twice a week)
Great working environment
Contact: Clare Murphy