An award winning animation and VFX studio based in Bristol is on the lookout for a new Animation Supervisor. They are looking for someone to lead a talented a team, as well as provide creative and technical solutions which deliver against client expectations and drive commercial results.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your experience of animating photorealistic creatures. The studio has built a global reputation for creating commissioned and original entertainment experiences in Film, Television, Games and Theme Parks.
You must be willing and able to work onsite in Bristol. Visa sponsorship may be available to exceptional candidates.
● To manage the project animation team and pipeline throughout the course of the production
● Work closely with the project director/client on the creative vision ● Support production to drive the project team to meet schedule objectives
● Interpreting and communicating the directors/clients feedback and vision to the team
● Actively providing creative solutions to production/creative issues ● To work with project Director to help bring creative ideas and direction to the animation
● Ensure the quality of output from the animation team meets budget requirements
● To provide examples and benchmarks for animation team to work to
● Be proactive in mentoring and developing all members of the animation team on project
● Quality controlling animation output by the team on assigned tasks
● Liaising with production on task assignment and scheduling of the team
● Managing and supervising their team towards an advanced level of keyframe animation. Both body and facial performance.
● Camera layout/Previs where necessary
Contact: Joe Faulkner
● Proven experience acting in a Supervisory role, preferably on a Feature Project
● A strong, measurable track record in delivering against animation department goals and targets
● Strong leadership skills and the ability to confidently supervise a team
● A desire and ability to lead, motivate and develop team members ● Good communication skills and the ability to work interactively with others.
● Accomplished examples of keyframe animation, both character acting and full body
● Strong understanding of the principles of animation, with a keen eye for pose and staging.
● A thorough knowledge and understanding of basic human kinetics and basic artistic human anatomy
● Good knowledge of cinematography.
● Thorough knowledge of Autodesk Maya is essential.
● A good knowledge of rigging principles and the ability to feedback to Rigging Department
● Ability to feedback to pipeline and direct any technical changes
● Experience with Maya camera sequencer would be advantageous