As an Account Director, your vision for the project takes you through each stage,
ensuring you work to budgets and timings, effectively and efficiently. You are ultimately
responsible and the team, both internal and client side, rely on you throughout; you lead
You are the ultimate safe pair of hands, confidently steering projects and putting your clients
at ease throughout. Your clients rely upon you for strategic and creative opinions and you in
turn guide the internal team when it comes to your knowledge of the client and associated
category, audience and culture.
Your entrepreneurial flare sees you add real value to your accounts; rather than being
daunted by ideas never previously achieved, stepping into the unknown excites you and
your problem-solving skills help you achieve the seemingly impossible.
You report into the relevant BD on your accounts and they trust and rely upon you to keep
the accounts running smoothly. You understand when to involve them, not just in times of
difficulty, but understanding how their involvement can help progress projects in the desired
Your knowledge of all stages of the project is solid, from strategy to creative to production
and beyond. You have the ability to spot potential success or disaster at ten paces and as
such you have a thorough understanding of all things financial and legal.
You see your job description as a guide and this means you understand there are often
unexpected tasks to be carried out, which require you to step into the shoes of others, in
order to move projects forward.
- Take ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the day to day running of the account,
delegating where relevant. Eg, managing status meetings and reports, contact
reporting, timing plans, client and internal requests, meeting organisation, travel, filing
- Developing timing plans and leading the wider team throughout.
- Ensure all projects work to agreed timings and within pre-allocated budgets.
- Work proactively across multiple projects, effectively prioritising as necessary.
- Lead, manage and inspire account team, to ensure excellence in delivery and foster a
culture of accountability.
- Competent at crafting presentations with the wider team members.
- Lead discussions on potential collaborations and partners for various aspects of the
- Responsible for ensuring the account is properly resourced to meet the client needs and
- Add value to the account by identifying and developing new business opportunities
within existing client accounts and presenting them to client.
- Work in tandem with the BD/Directors to lead/manage pitch processes.
- Act as quality control across all work leaving the company.
- Build and maintain strong long term relationships with the day to day senior clients, being
trusted as a brand guardian in the development of the work.
- Hold good relationships with internal team members across all aspects of the business.
Being trusted to deliver and achieve brand objectives through all activity.
- Confidently lead meetings both internally and externally.
- Remain positive and solution orientated.
- Keep both clients and senior account handlers updated with progress when it comes to
requests and relevant areas of responsibility. Always being ahead, managing
expectations throughout the project duration and communicating campaign status
- Responsible for managing junior members of the team (SAM, AM), ensuring they are
delivering what is expected. Tracking and evaluating career progression, through regular
catch ups and annual appraisals. Escalating key issues to BD where appropriate.
- Make pertinent and rationalised recommendations to clients, demonstrating strategic
understanding of their business and it's challenges.
- Responsible for the development and activation of creative briefs.
- Input, and lead where relevant, on the strategic development and direction.
- Ensure KPIs are outlined and campaign results are tracked where applicable.
- Collaborate with the wider team on concept development to formulate ideas into one
- Assist in, or responsible for where relevant, briefing in the creative brief and subsequently
client feedback to the right team members in a constructive way.
- Hold good knowledge of the production process, across a variety of media outputs.
- Work with the production team to track the production process and guide clients on the
journey, managing feedback while ensuring creative integrity is upheld.
- Have a good understanding of commercial profitability across the accounts, being able
to manage overall campaign budgets (with support of producer and BD) and achieve
- Take ownership of budgets, being confident in highlighting where changes to work or
additional requests mean changes to budget. Then managing this appropriately
internally and with client.
- Ability to write and present a client proposal with BD support. Confident in providing
guidance to procurement in order to negotiate articulately and effectively.
- Ensure all aspects of the campaign are contractually and legally robust. Escalating and
seeking legal assistance where relevant.
- Input into forecasting with the BD and senior team.
Contact: Giorgia Uccheddu