W Communications is a multi-award-winning PR agency that cares as much about driving commerce as it does creating memorable campaigns across the world. Established in 2009, we have become a leading creative agencies with offices in London, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Amsterdam, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and New York. Our consumer, corporate, social and influencer specialisms deliver business changing results for our clients; blue-chips, household brand names and ambitious, disruptive start=ups.
We're looking for an experienced, dynamic and driven Account Director to join our newly formed property practice, which will sit part of our Culture Practice, with the ambition of evolving the role into a 'Head of Property' following an initial 6-month probationary period.
In keeping with the wider agency, we're looking for someone with top-class media relations skills, extensive account leadership experience and an entrepreneurial mindset. The successful candidate will have established relationships with leading property developers, stakeholders and across national, business and trade property press. They will be able to write creatively, can contribute to new business pitches and will thrive in a fast-paced and varied environment.
You will have an established track record in delivering integrated property campaigns that span earned media and owned content, and in advising senior clients ranging from comms leads to c-suite, as well as in managing junior team members.
Core focus will look at propelling growth of the new property practice, contribute to the practice's growth by unlocking organic opportunities across existing clients, and in seeking out new new briefs for the division (working to procure these from your network and with the help of W's internal new business team). As well as being a specialist support across a range of retained and project clients, by overseeing account planning, ongoing activity and result delivery.
Your role will be to ensure the practice's clients receive the highest levels of service and results, by effectively managing projects, team members, wider resources and finances.
Essential responsibilities for this role will include:
* Identify new revenue opportunities with existing clients
* Contributing to new business opportunities by pitching, supporting in the development of proposals and identifying prospects
* Developing campaign plans and managing their day-to-day progress
* Securing impactful editorial coverage for clients through creative and targeted media pitching
* Drafting editorial copy and new business content
* Contribute to the overall offering of the practice, how we package up and merchandise its work
* Work with the senior board to help articulate the division offering and recommend a programme of content to author for the website and propose for trade commentary to elevate its profile
* Measuring team resource and performance against client plans and deliverables
* Ensuring yourself and the team are across all current affairs and news relevant to clients
* Managing, coaching and mentoring more junior team members
Desired Skills and Experience:
You will be an established Account Director, with experience of working on property campaigns.
Beyond this, you will also be:
* Articulate and able to communicate clearly and concisely with clients, account teams and the agency's leadership
* A media hound with a love of current affairs and passion for delivering quality editorial coverage for clients
* Ambitious, and looking to contribute directly to a team with the potential for high growth over the coming years
* Experienced in project management and overseeing account activity and results delivery
* Confident working in close collaboration with the agency's leadership, but also autonomously and as a self-starter where needed
* Organised with a mean eye for detail, and the ability to meet deadlines with quality work
* Ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing requests
* Sociable, approachable and an individual who enjoys a close-knit team environment
Contact: Luke Russo