HELLO…We're looking for an ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
We are recruiting on behalf of a growing global media agency that is built for challenger brands and people who challenge the status quo, bringing creativity and effectiveness to the centre of what they do.
They are a team of 35 within a company of 300 based in Shoreditch London, and are supported with our network of global offices that service our global client base.
They have a talented team who enjoy taking on responsibility whilst working in an entrepreneurial and rewarding environment on a diverse range of clients including Western Union, Eurosport, Apple, Amazon pay, Primark & Hunter Boots, all of whom contribute to annual billings in excess of £80m.
We are looking for people who:
* Get excited by the solution, have ideas and are passionate about the ability of communications to make a real difference to businesses
* Believe in their ideas and have the business acumen to stand by them and back them up
* See media as just a part of the overall solution
* Are committed to delivering excellent service to clients
* Are committed to negotiating the very best deals for our clients
* Look forward to growing with an agency and taking on board the responsibility that comes with that growth
* Are entrepreneurial at heart, and are looking to now do the best work of their careers
* Are tired of the cumbersome and rigidly structured nature of the big media agencies
* Feel it's time for a change
Job Title: Account Director
Our Clientlead the global media relationship with Western Union covering over 85+ markets in the world. This role sits within the UK team and would lead the UK/Northern Europe hub for the account which includes UK, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Finland & Denmark using a blended team across these markets. Activation for the Nordics is managed in-region however the hub lead role has responsibility for coordination & oversight.
The Account Director is responsible for the overall direction, development, and performance of our client business. You will be accountable for the client relationship as well as the performance and development of your team. This role covers full service media across PPC, Display, Paid social, TV, press, OOH & radio. You'll be working with a team of media strategists, individual channel specialists and our data teams. The campaigns have a very heavy digital performance element to them however traditional media experience is key too as a major driver for digital transactions. In addition, we see a growing role & investment in brand awareness campaigns too.
The right candidate will lead and grow their team, and form a strong bond with the team's clients, helping to deliver strong results and award-winning work for their business.
They are looking for someone who can bring a little extra to the agency and their role, with a strong background in media, and with solid mediaowner contacts. The right person will relish responsibility and will be very knowledgeable in their craft, most probably having come from a strong digital background.
* Maintaining fantastic relationships and client service
* Contributing to new business pitches
* Use knowledge of media planning products, tools and services to support team to deliver innovative and creative solutions to client briefs
* Growing and developing team
* Producing award winning effective work
* Being an agency expert in an important part of media and bringing something new to the mix
* Be a trusted expert on media solutions, having a point of view across all media including Digital
* Be a confident and articulate presenter
* Contribute the agency culture and develop the agency's brand externally
* Support the internal teams to deliver outstanding client service through management of communications plan against pre-agreed brand objectives
* Work with internal team to challenge client briefs when necessary, ensuring clarity on objectives and key plan information
You are likely to have at least 5 years of relevant agency experience, be passionate, ambitious and curious.
You will need to demonstrate:
* Ability to think strategically and look for creative solutions to briefs
* Strong numeracy, attention to detail and time management
* Written and verbal presentation skills
* A collaborative team player who has an ability to challenge colleagues and clients
* Experience of working and negotiating with mediaowners
* Planning experience across all channels, including TV/Press & Digital,
* Team leadership skills
Our Client believe that people are what make great places to work. We believe in meritocracy, and that hard work and star quality should get rewarded. You will need to be ready to hit the ground running, and looking to now do the best work of you career. If so, we'd look forward to meeting you.
If interested please get in touch with Tayler.Thomas@majorplayers.co.uk
Contact: Tayler Thomas