Senior Social Strategist - Creative Agency - London
£50,000 - £55,000 + benefits
Senior Social Strategist - The Company
My client is a dynamic, forward-thinking and exciting creative agency in London. They work with some of the world's leading FMCG, Consumer Tech, Food & Drink and Alcohol brands. Their award-winning and striking work is across a multitude of different areas including Brand, Content, Shopper, Social and Experiential.
Senior Social Strategist - The Role
You will drive the social media strategic vision for my client, engaging brand audiences and communicating key messaging to deliver on business goals and objectives. This role will be a voice of social expertise, responsible for leading social media development, working closely with global, EMEA and UK client stakeholders, brand planners, creative teams and third party agencies to deliver fully integrated, effective brand strategies.
- Lead on all social media projects, as a client-facing social specialist and voice of expertise on social / digital strategy
- Build strong relationships with internal departments, always advocating social media and identifying new opportunities for developing the client's social media proposition
- Champion the client's integrated processes and values, ensuring consistent delivery on the agency's Relationships, Behaviours & Brains proposition
- Work closely with clients and third party agencies (e.g. across media, PR, CRM and experiential), providing strategic recommendations to help brands identify how best to achieve their business objectives through social communications
- Collaborate with the wider planning and creative teams to successfully develop insight-driven brand communication plans across owned, earned and paid channels
- Manage the Social Insight Executive, overseeing all social media output and nurturing team development
- Write compelling social briefs and lead internal teams to create powerful social media experiences - born from audience behaviour and interests, delivered in creative, innovative ways to land key brand messaging
- Provide direction and leadership to the social creative team, working collaboratively to deliver optimised social creative content and toolkits
- Responsible for developing the client's social media credentials when it comes to the effectiveness of campaigns and channel management.
- Contribute to new business development, and overall profitability of social media, supporting on both integrated and social-specific pitches to excite and engage new clients and brands
Senior Social Strategist - Key Skills
- Broad digital marketing knowledge; understanding of the role of social as a channel within the digital ecosystem (i.e. alongside SEO, PPC, Affiliate, eCRM and Display)
- Strong leadership and client relationship-building skills, demonstrated by subject knowledge and quality of proposals / presentations
- Hands-on strategic planning skills; social strategy development, brief development, creative development and insight analysis
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to effectively communicate creative ideas and strategic plans to internal team, clients and partner agencies
- Solid understanding of digital content creation, distribution and amplification through social channels
- Proven experience taking social briefs, challenges and concepts from strategy development through to implementation
- Appreciation of brand reputation management and protection, with experience defining bespoke social damage limitation processes for clients
- Expertise in setting KPI's, measuring social activity, campaign reporting and evaluation
- Working knowledge of current and emerging social channels and trends
- Previous line / team management essential, with strong commercial understanding and experience of traffic, budget and project management process
- 5+ years' experience in social marketing and strategic planning
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "DAVE NEWMAN". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Dave Newman | DD: + 44| 207 845 7269. Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly if you would like more information before applying.
We have a variety of digital roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.