Inhouse Senior PR Manager - freelance day rate or FTC - must be immediately available - sports brand into fashion/retail giant - £250pd / £60k
My client launched a high profile partnership with a global icon this year, based in London to bring sports wear into the UK highstreet fashion and retail space. This role is to be the interim Senior PR Manager for the retail giant and help continue the launch of this unbelievable brand.
The ambition of the brand is to become a market leader in Athletics wear, the fastest growing womenswear category today. Engaging a core consumer demographic between 18-35 years, the brand vision is to help women become mentally stronger through physical accomplishment.
As a strong support to the Head of Global Marketing, this role requires someone who can drive customer behaviour through developing innovative & engaging PR campaigns that drive consumer behaviour. This role will focus on strategically developing our 360 Communications approach through integrating PR and Communications channels in line with Marketing and e-commerce departments with responsibility for developing and overseeing brand partnerships within the global market place.
* Acts as an ambassador and spokesperson for the brand among key press and other relationship building where appropriate.
* Build brand equity by contributing to brand vision and by developing & implementing key brand plans.
* Devise strategic PR plans & ideas in order to maintain constant innovation and increase brand profile among press, opinion formers & fashion cognoscenti globally.
* Drive key brand sponsorships, managing as well as enhancing, existing portfolio.
* Develop strategic partnerships / relationships across the fashion/consumer brands industry.
* Be plugged into next zeitgeist always seeking opportunities to grow the brand & its profile.
* Protect, enhance & manage brand reputation among all stakeholders from consumer to press.
* Drive and manage press team, driving quality editorial coverage and ensuring best practice among press.
* Collaborating with all members of the Marketing & PR team to ensure cohesive marketing / PR programs which are exploited to their full potential.
* Network effective working relationships across brand management team including Managing Directors, Head of Buying and among creative & design teams.
* Ensures the press office is run smoothly and professionally on a daily basis i.e. papers monitored, circulated as necessary, stories executed on time, press enquiries handled promptly.
* Oversee the scheduling / content of all brand press pack photography and copy generally
* Manage the budget of the press office.
Skills / experience required:
* Proven track record at press management in a (sports) fashion in-house or agency environment.
* Combines an innovative approach with commercial ideas.
* Strong commercial understanding of fashion, sports and youth culture.
* Capacity to build strong working relationships - both internally and externally.
* Experience of operating in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment.
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Enthusiasm, energy and determination to achieve results.
* Confidence to influence and present ideas at all levels within the company.
* Strong personal gravitas and confident at all levels and across multiple functions.
* A leader who pro-actively seeks, identifies and develops new opportunities.
* Ability to cope under pressure
* Genuine desire to challenge the status quo and constantly drive for personal and brand development
* Hands on, flexible, confident, resilient, numeric, organized, enthusiastic.