Senior Marketing Executive
My client who is a leading publisher is looking for a talented senior marketing executive to join the team.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience of online and offline direct marketing, preferably in a B2B environment and enjoy taking on responsibility for marketing a
portfolio of high value events. You will be encouraged and expected to take the initiative, to develop and communicate new ideas and to play a vital role in driving delegate revenue growth.
Key areas of responsibility
Own, develop and implement the marketing strategy for a portfolio of events, reporting directly into the Marketing Manager.
* Responsible for working within the agreed budget and deadlines of the plan.
* Implement promotional activity - controlling all elements: email copy, email design, print, data, mailing and analysis to optimise ROI and generate paid and free delegate registrations.
* Work closely with editors, publishers, internal designers and conference producers to ensure each event is properly represented, benefits identified and marketing is reaching the target market via a mixture of channels.
* Adhere to brand guidelines and enforce event branding where possible.
* Manage external data suppliers and provide suitable data briefs to generate new delegate contacts and leads.
* Devise and sell effective packages or delegate places to existing and new customers.
* Arrange relevant counter deals with internal and external clients to maximise conference exposure
* Work with sponsors to fulfil delegate requirements and provide additional marketing support to sponsors if necessary.
* Monitor competitor activity and identify and exploit new marketing opportunities.
* Seek new and improved methods to engage with current and future customers.
* Possibility of international travel for better working knowledge of events and delegate networking.
The ideal candidate for this role will be/have:
* 3-4 years' marketing experience, preferably in B2B events marketing.
* Excellent written English and proofing skills; confident telephone manner
* Analytical skills - ability to prepare and execute direct marketing campaigns from planning to execution and then produce meaningful analysis, on which to base informed conclusions.
* Organised and efficient, able to juggle more than one event and many campaigns at a time.
* Enthusiastic, committed and motivated - initiative to streamline current methods and propose new ones.
* Commercially driven
* Experience in offline and online marketing including using social media in a marketing context.
* Good working knowledge of HTML.
* Experience with marketing databases systems is desirable.
If you are interested in this role, please send me your CV today as I am moving very quickly on this role.