Senior Content Strategist - London
£45,000 - £55,000 + benefits
Senior Content Strategist - The Company
My client is a data design agency. Their responsibility is to help make sense of the vast amount of data currently available around the world. Their team helps their clients find clarity in complexity, and create inspiration from information. They combine the disciplines of information and user experience design to create data driven content, tools and installations. They are aiming to push boundaries in an emerging industry with meaningful and memorable work. They operate in two worlds where the intersection of data + design meet by creating content that inspires and business intelligence tool that empowers their users.
Senior Content Strategist - The Role
You will work with clients to develop strategic approaches to content creation. You partner with them to understand their creative and strategic needs, and to develop content that fits those needs and oversee its final delivery. You will definitely need a firm understanding of content best practice, both at a creative and strategic level, as well as a solid grounding in Agile and lean development processes. You will work alongside other disciplines (UX, development, design) as part of an agile development team. Whatever the shape of the team you'll be expected to act as an ambassador for content, ensuring a content delivery that meets all strategic and creative requirements.
- Running workshops for clients with passion and verve
- Delivering project outcomes to clients which over-deliver on expectation
- Leading by example in the team to show best practice and innovation of technique and thinking
- Developing meaningful positive relationships with clients and their stakeholders; support the sales process with tenders, pitches and proposals where required
- Developing a good understanding of the impact of agreed or proposed projects and be able to discuss them with internal and external stakeholders
- Participating in new business pitches to win new, and extend existing client relationships
- Sharing knowledge and help guide and mentor more junior members of the team
You are also responsible for working closely with clients to develop content that satisfies the overall objectives of their users and their business.
- Facilitating and leading internal workshops and brainstorms
- Attending client workshops
- Developing and documenting overall content strategy
- Working as part of a cross-disciplinary team to ensure successful delivery of content
- Designing and conducting content audits
- Producing content briefing documents
- Developing and enforcing content management best practices
- Ensure content output meets the objectives of the content strategy and user experience
- Evaluating existing content and identifying new opportunities and improvements to existing assets
- Ensuring content is handed over on time and briefed appropriately for the client to manage and maintain
- Sharing knowledge and best practice with teammates and the rest of the agency
- Support on new business as required.
Senior Content Strategist - Key Skills
You must have 5+ years of experience in digital content strategy and a strong understanding of what is required to create, distribute, manage and maintain good content. You must also of been trained in Scrum, Kanban (and any additional approaches are desirable) It is also important to have strong client management and leadership skills as well as strong communication skills - both written and verbal - with the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise way. Experience of contributing to high value and high profile projects for global clients is also important, as is experience working in teams across a variety of disciplines e.g. strategy, user experience, visual design, content creation, campaigns, front and back end development. Finally, excellent people skills, showing the ability and desire to develop, support and educate team members and clients is important.
Key Competencies required;
-Exceptional planning and organisation
-Building relationships with clients and team
-Collaboration and team work
-Good judgment and decision making
-Exceptional attention to detail
-Motivation and persuasion
-Strong communication skills
-Ability to multi-task
-Effective time management and prioritisation
-Positive and respectful attitude
-Critical thinking and problem solving
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "DAVID NEWMAN" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: David Newman | DD: + 44| 207 845 7269. Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly
We have a variety of digital roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.