Public Affairs Consultant
Are you a Public Affairs Professional?
Do you enjoy acting as a Company Spokesperson?
Do you enjoy Lobbying?
If so read on…..
My client a major e-commerce brand and a global player in their market are looking to appoint a seasoned Public Affairs Consultant to work within the wider European Legal Team. You will be acting as a spokesperson/lobbyist for the business and the role will be primarily based in London but with requirement for occasional travel.
For this role, the ideal candidate will have a mix of experience in an international corporate in-house environment with public affairs consultancy as a focus area.
Key responsibilities will include;
* Identifying key stakeholders, in the decision-making process at European, National and Local Government levels.
* You will work to maintain relationships with these individuals and promote and protect the companies interests effectively
* Keep a network of contacts to ensure you are aware of upcoming political/ public policy developments and in a position to advise on these.
* Raise the profile of the company as spokesperson for external communications in co-operation with internal PR/ Legal stakeholders
* Clear, outcomes-adapted drafting and negotiation of complex commercial contracts, including operational and outsourced vendor services, technology and intellectual property licensing and sales and marketing arrangements
* Extensive knowledge of UK and EU Legal requirements across corporate administration, finance, data protection, commercial contracts, website and online systems compliance and consumer protection.
* Experience in public policy and affairs (regulatory matters, lobbying) for large companies in the UK online travel sector (at least in the digital/ space)
* Commercial awareness
* Second European language highly desirable (as well as English)