Urgent needs for a Media Relations specialist to join a leading charity for a 3 month contract.
A leading charity and innovator in strategic design. The business uses design as a strategic tool to tackle major societal challenges, drive the economy and keep innovation.
The Media Relations Manager is responsible for the overall media and partner press office relations to ensure the product innovation and programmes gain significant media profile and awareness with a variety of audiences and increase event attendees.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering the PR & comms plan which helps support inventors and develop their concepts and take their products to market. The role will also be responsible for promoting people internally and helping run events.
- Negotiate and secure media partnerships and gain high profile consumer and trade coverage both regionally and nationally.
- Strong relations across broadcast, online, print media
- Develop a short term and long term comms plan
- Understand how to run a press office
- Identifying media and event opportunities
- Provide media training and comms briefings for the company
- Ensure you are aware of operational policies and procedures including financial and risk management.
Extensive experience In PR and media relations
PR and media relations expertise with pre-existing media contacts and relationships established across print and digital
Copy-writing and editing experience with strong written and verbal communication
Ability to build and manage a range of stakeholders at all levels
Proven experience delivering both on and offline communications
Experience running successful awareness and profile raising PR/media campaigns
Experience of working in complex structures and environments with third, public and private sector organisations
Experience of working with and, preferably in, a start-up environment
Experience in media training and talent management
The client is looking to pay up to £250 p/d. Please get in touch asap.