Media Planner - Account Director - London
£40,000 - £45,000 + benefits
Media Planner - Account Director - The Company
My client is part of one of the world's largest global communications groups. They operate in over 100 countries, and employ over 16,000 people. They employ over 600 people in the UK.
Media Planner - Account Director - The Role
My client are looking for an experienced Account Director to join the Arena Media team. The role will be to be part the account team reporting into the Business Director and the Managing Partner and working across a range of broadcast, digital and integrated media clients. You'll be expected to utilise integrated experience across digital media channels and develop strategies / insights for your designated accounts and ensure you're driving performance through an unrivalled understanding of online and offline channels - and how consumers use them. You will be managing a team of 3 (1x Senior Account Manager, 1x Senior Account Executive and 1x Account Executive)
- Management of key clients and projects, providing first class service to their clients as well as delivering quality and innovative solutions.
- Leading and management of client projects from conception through to completion
- Coordination and the execution of the media plan with their internal specialist teams - and with the media owners as required.
- Leading and acting as a primary point of contact for clients and take a lead in planning projects.
- Ensures the highest standards of planning are carried through to implementation and be prepared to immerse yourself in client's business.
- Identifying new business opportunities with the Business Director, identifying potential client needs for new services, with an emphasis on digital.
- Evidence of placing the client's needs at the heart of all delivery and building strong, meaningful relationships with client peers
- Involvement, identification and supervision of additional projects, as required - new business pitches, market reviews and competitive trends. Leading pitches as required, demonstrating best practice in pitch management.
- Share responsibility with management for developing new revenue streams (both on and offline.)
- Provide timely and accurate billings projections when requested.
- Assist in the development of and participation in selling their services (through internal inductions, external marketing departments etc.
- Working as a fully collaborative, positive team player across all areas of the HMG business, actively and sharing learnings via peer to peer initiatives.
- Leading by example, taking a positive attitude at all times, embracing opportunities, resolving issues collaboratively and swiftly, and making sure that senior management are kept abreast of issues/concerns.
- Plays an active part in mentoring and developing junior members of the team.
- Ensures that appraisal process is followed for direct reports
- Takes ownership of skills development for yourself and your team, with full commitment and attendance to all training and development sessions.
- Monitoring the day to day aspects of your teams' work to ensure high quality output and suitable management of the group's workload.
Media Planner - Account Director - Key Skills
- Experience of managing a team.
- Established cross-media (offline and online) planning experience.
- Ability to foster relationships with internal client planning teams as well as directly with their clients, in delivering the planning product
- Business minded with an ability to demonstrate uncovering insight to create the most effective comms plans
- Client friendly persona with an ability to present ideas with conviction and gravitas
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and efficiently
- Play an active role in developing insight and media strategy for clients
- Plan across digital, and traditional media with if possible strong broadcast planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of industry research and measurement tools (BARB, TGI, Google Analytics, Comscore, Adynamix)
- Solid organisational skills to effectively manage workflow as well as time management and the ability to determine priorities
- Compelling presentation and communication skills
- Strong administration skills and an enthusiastic approach to other more menial aspects of the role.
The Type of Character We Are Looking For:
- Gravitas and confidence, someone who can comfortably deal with the receptionist to the CEO
- A high energy, positive, can-do person who is never satisfied, and is always looking for ways to improve what we do
- Someone who can make things happen and likes to be accountable
- A clear communicator who keeps the use of jargon to a minimum
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "JACK O'CONNELL" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Jack O'Connell | DD: + 44| 207 845 7252. Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly
We have a variety of digital roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.