Lead Data Scientist - Agency - London
£60000 - £85000 with brilliant benefits
Lead Data Scientist - The Company
My client is a new digital football destination created for clubs and player's global fan bases. It will allow football fans from around the world to view behind the scenes content from the world's top clubs and players and has received incredible support for its launch. Football is one of the most talked about subjects on social media and the majority of fans follow a variety of clubs and players. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for someone football crazy to get their dream job!
Lead Data Scientist - The Role
You should have a strong analytical and commercial background. This role will have analytical ownership of high-visibility initiatives, helping to further our understanding of users and drive strategic decisions. Your expertise will be key in generating insights, visualizations and analysis which will in turn drive new products, concepts and understanding for the business and for product development. This opportunity may well be working in a number two or support to head ff role and who may now be looking for a promotion move.
The role will include tasks in the following areas:
- Define analytic strategies to meet the demands of business requirements.
- Analyse user behaviour, marketing campaigns, and product usage to identify opportunities for marketing teams.
- Execute sophisticated quantitative analyses and modelling.
- Synthesize and present quantitative results to Sales, Marketing, Content, Design and Technology team members.
- Define the technical requirements of the analytic solutions.
- Conduct sophisticated data mining analyses and build data mining models, as required, as part of the initial solution development.
- Translate data mining results into clear business focused deliverables for decision makers.
- Integrate advanced analytics into end -to-end business intelligence solutions and operational business processes.
Lead Data Scientist - Key Skills
- Althought sport experience is not a must, you should be able to easily make the transition into the sector and quickly understand the hard-wiring and appetite of the fans and, at the same time , the commercial expectations of our partner clubs, players, publishers and advertisers.
- You should truly understand what being in a start-up or early-stage environment looks like - the hours required, the commitment required, the ability to work in an agile and fast moving environment, the need for a "roll up sleeves" approach.
- Ability to work effectively under near-term and tight deadlines from time to time and often working with third parties and suppliers to achieve that fixed deadline being met.
- Ability to respond positively in a fast- moving environment where some unpredictable matters will occur. Good with change and level headed under pressure.
- The ability to work effectively in matrix and multiple stakeholder environments, both internally and externally, and where daily, quick turnaround interaction with technical and commercial decision makers will be the norm.
- Confident to work with high intellect leadership groups and, at the same time, delicately balance this with working with a broader range of contacts on the client side whose talents may be different and diverse but who nonetheless play a key contributor role to the Company's commercial goals. You need to know-their-audience and calibrate their approach appropriately.
You also require:
- A university degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Data Science or similar and several years working in an analytics role.
- Demonstrated experience of using recognised tools for data analysis and statistical modelling as well as structuring, transforming and visualising big data (strong SQL skills are a must).
- Ability to build statistical models (such as linear regression, logistic, etc.) and customer segmentations.
- Hands on use of big data in large projects.
- Demonstrable skills in working with spreadsheets/pivot tables and databases.
- Prior experience in a role focused on user insight, statistical modelling, data science or similar.
- Solid understanding of online marketing methodologies, preferably in a past or current role.
- Ability to communicate complicated analytical solutions and their business value clearly to a diverse group of stakeholders, one-to-one, in presentations and over email.
- Focus, resilience and great at problem solving. Able to find solutions and work towards goals when setbacks occur.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritise effectively and own deliverables end to end.
- Willing to learn new frameworks and languages required for the task.
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "KATE BERGMAN" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Kate Bergman | DD: + 44| 207 845 7235 - email@example.com Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly