Head of Strategy - Agency - London
£70,000 - £90,000 + Benefits
Head of Strategy - The Company
My client are a thriving global media agency and part of one of the world's most successful communications groups. Their forward-thinking and creative work with their clients has been recognised by the wider industry with a range of accolades including Campaign Golds, Cannes Gold Lions and a Drum Marketing Award. They are the only agency network to have picked up the highest recognition at all of the major awards festivals having been awarded Network of the Year awards at Cannes, Festival of Media, Eurobest, Dubai, Warc, Effies and most recently Campaign named them as Media Network of the Year.
They pride themselves as having an industry leading Learning and Development programme where every single member of staff has access to a personal business development plan, with almost 100 training initiatives available.
Head of Strategy - The Role
You are required to assist the entire planning team as required on clients across the agency, although day to day strategy on most clients is covered by the Strategy Directors in the team. The role also has specific client allocation for our biggest clients. There will be a significant proportion of time given to leading strategy on a specific client account. You will be involved in nearly all UK pitches and as such you need to have confidence in leading new business strategy as well as presenting in chemistry meetings and pitches themselves. You are responsible for driving the insight generation process (working with our research teams), creative ideation and strategy development. In addition to this, it is essential to drive the storytelling of the pitch itself and ensure it both reflects the strategy and excites potential clients. New business will take up a significant proportion of your time.
There are a breadth of things that sit under this responsibility. It covers talent inspiration and mentorship, ensuring that the agency are encouraged to think differently and drive for creativity in their work. It also covers the identification and distribution of market developments and trends and what this means for the clients across the agency. A key part of this is managing the awards pipeline - fostering award worthy work, assistance in crafting entries, budget approval and award performance tracking.
Head of Strategy - Key Skills
- Drive new thinking across the agency; bringing innovation and creativity to communications solutions.
- Be a strategic figurehead throughout their network; connected to global conversations and projects
- Translate cultural, socio-economic trends into relevant insights for categories and brands
- Lead the strategic output for new business pitches
- Provide a vital 'bridge' between conversations with clients at a strategic level and the latest thinking relevant to their business.
- Generate meaningful insights that drive and inspire communications across the agency
- Identify new means of generating insight through the development of bespoke research.
- Ensure measurement and accountability are at the heart of any strategies.
- Ensure that Human Experiences are delivered through the work that we do, to support the agency's differentiated positioning.
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of business issues and what they mean for marketing.
- Facilitate idea generation, ensuring insight, strategy and creativity are core to the process.
- Work with all specialists across the agency to ensure latest thinking incorporated into strategy development
- Develop success stories through case studies and awards
- Excellent written and oral communication, to reassure senior clients and new business prospects.
- Ability to connect with a range of people with diverse personalities, with warmth and empathy
- Inspire curiosity in others
If this is the Head of Strategy role for you then APPLY NOW !!!!
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "KATE BERGMAN" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Kate Bergman | DD: + 44| 207 845 7235. Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly
We have a variety of digital roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.