Digital Planning Director - Agency - London
£65,000 - £70,000 + Benefits
Digital Planning Director - The Company
My client are a thriving global media agency and part of one of the world's most successful communications groups. Their forward-thinking and creative work with their clients has been recognised by the wider industry with a range of accolades including Campaign Golds, Cannes Gold Lions and a Drum Marketing Award. They are the only agency network to have picked up the highest recognition at all of the major awards festivals having been awarded Network of the Year awards at Cannes, Festival of Media, Eurobest, Dubai, Warc, Effies and most recently Campaign named them as Media Network of the Year.
They pride themselves as having an industry leading Learning and Development programme where every single member of staff has access to a personal business development plan, with almost 100 training initiatives available.
Digital Planning Director - The Role
This is an extremely exciting role, working on two of the most prestigious clients within the industry. The clients are highly engaged, a pleasure to work with and eager to break new ground in their categories and in the wider industry as a whole. Combine this with the entrepreneurial spirit that the client endorses and there really is no limit to the potential of this role.
- Work alongside the Business Director and Strategy Director to define the future vision for the the main client's accounts and inject strong digital thinking across the portfolio.
- Key strategic driver for the client in digital and their precision agenda. You will drive maximum use of digital where relevant, layer digital in an interesting and innovative way to deliver real value to the plan and client business.
- Take a leadership role in ensuring clients are developing the most comprehensive and efficient measurement tools and processes that are aligned appropriately with roles and objectives.
- Collaborate with the relevant precision teams to ensure best in class digital elements of media responses as well as leadership and delivery of non-media projects such as data strategy, personalisation, attribution and measurement frameworks.
- Actively contribute to strategic thinking in digital within the agency leveraging the best technologies, partners, internal capabilities and thinking to ensure the client is leading the industry in digital thinking and execution as a key part of is integrated communications planning.
- Provide thought leadership in digital planning and strategy, encouraging planners to push boundaries and test new ways of working.
- Play a critical role in new business projects - ensuring that a progressive and effective approach to digital shines through in pitches.
- Understand the role of content and how to most effectively distribute a message at a broadcast and programmatic level
Digital Planning Director - Key Skills
- Experience in a senior digital planning role, already at AD level and ideally with experience working on brand clients.
- Potentially have worked in activation and so have a strong working understanding of some of the challenges faced in the practicalities of digital.
- Strong overall knowledge of what roles and solutions digital can add to campaign planning as well as understand the paid, owned and earned ecosystem to help drive more connected and sophisticated delivery in non-paid environments.
- Potentially worked with entertainment clients and be familiar with their use of content or you should have been involved in high level sponsorships and are familiar with amplifying and leveraging content to the benefit of a brand
- Strong programmatic understanding is a must.
- Ability to mobilise a team of delivery teams to brainstorm an initial response to brief and have them refine it.
- Strong ability to create a role for digital strategy outside of mere digital buying, leveraging media owners, strategists and other internal and externally available resources
- Good understanding of digital tracking technologies and methodologies
- Excellent communication and project management skills seeing projects and campaigns through from response to brief to final billing
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "ED DAVIDSON" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Ed Davidson | DD: + 44| 207 845 7204. Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly
We have a variety of digital roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.